What are some effective techniques for building links?
Watch this video from Google with Matt Cutts. The methods covered are:
- Great content leads to links Controversy – write controversial articles and uncork a good rant once in a while;
- Participate in the community
- Answer questions – add value
- Original research – use a scientific approach to get good data and put this on a blog
- Newsletters to drive people to your website
- Social media – participate on the sites where people spend their time
- Lists – create article like 50 ways to…
- Get a blog and establish yourself
- Post images or things of interest
- Write how-to’s and tutorials
- Develop a service or a product and release it for free / open source
- Improve site architecture – can the site be crawled? can URL’s be bookmarked? can Google get to all the pages on the site?
- Make videos